As a business grows, it eventually requires a sophisticated solution that provides cloud accounting capabilities and supports its core business processes. Entry-level accounting systems can no longer support the organization’s growing requirements. Such businesses often have two names shortlisted; NetSuite and Intacct. NetSuite vs. Intacct is a common debate for growing businesses since both solutions are key players in the market. NetSuite and Sage Intacct are true cloud ERP solutions with multi-tenant architectures and, thus, are popular choices for growing companies. Since both these solutions offer robust features and scalability, companies are often confused about which ERP to opt for their growing business needs.
Not to worry, though – here is a tie-breaking NetSuite vs. Intacct guide for companies looking to streamline their cloud accounting and much more with ERP.
However, before we do a thorough NetSuite vs. Intacct analysis, let’s first explore these two software options and how they help companies enhance their operations.
NetSuite: An Overview
NetSuite is a cloud-based oracle software accounting solution that offers an extensive range of features, including financial management, inventory management, and e-commerce capabilities. NetSuite is known for its comprehensive financial management features, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and budgeting. Additionally, NetSuite integrates with a wide range of third-party applications and supports multiple currencies and tax regimes.
- Comprehensive business management solution
- Robust financial management capabilities
- Built-in CRM system
- Supports multiple currencies and countries.
- Offers real-time visibility into business operations.
- Streamlines accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Offers multi-currency support.
- Integration with a wide range of third-party applications
Further reading: https://www.netsuite.alphabold.com/netsuite-for-start-ups/
Sage Intacct: An Overview
Sage Intacct is a cloud-based accounting solution that offers a range of financial management features, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and budgeting. Additionally, Sage Intacct provides a robust reporting and analytics system that provides real-time insights into business performance. Sage Intacct is designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized businesses and integrates with a range of third-party applications.
- Flexible financial management solution.
- Automates financial processes.
- Offers real-time financial visibility.
- Supports multiple entities and subsidiaries.
- Offers robust reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Integration with popular third-party applications.
- Offers multi-currency support.
- Scalable for businesses of all sizes.
NetSuite vs. Sage Intacct – Side by-Side feature comparison:
Since both NetSuite and Sage are leading cloud-based software solutions, they offer a wide range of features and capabilities. However, to understand which software is better suited to the needs of growing businesses, it is imperative to outline the key features and differentiators between the two firms.
NetSuite vs. Intacct: Industries Covered
Sage Intacct and NetSuite are well-known cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions serving various industries.
NetSuite vs. Intacct – Key Differences:
When comparing NetSuite vs. Sage Intacct, several key differences exist. Here are some of the most notable:
- NetSuite offers a broader range of features, including inventory management and e-commerce capabilities. Sage Intacct focuses primarily on financial management.
- NetSuite is designed for larger organizations, while Sage Intacct is more geared towards small to mid-sized businesses.
- NetSuite offers more customization options, while Sage Intacct is designed to be user-friendly and streamlined.
- Sage Intacct offers a more robust reporting and analytics system, while NetSuite’s reporting capabilities are more limited.
NetSuite vs. Intacct – Cost Analysis:
NetSuite offers a more comprehensive and cost-effective solution compared to Sage Intacct when it comes to pricing. Both solutions provide flexible pricing options based on the size and needs of the business. Even though Intacct offers a lower upfront cost, most companies quickly outgrow the solution and confront various limitations. For example, Intacct has a limited number of prebuilt reports, and creating new reports is complex. Furthermore, Sage Intacct may require additional modules and integrations to meet the specific needs of your business, which can significantly increase the cost of the solution.
On the other hand, NetSuite offers immense functionalities supporting growing businesses and continues to scale alongside them, making it a more cost-effective option in the long run. Additionally, NetSuite provides a flexible pricing structure. In fact, of the last 100 technology-focused IPOs, 65 were NetSuite customers. And that support extends to firms growing internationally — NetSuite has a widespread client community covering over 200 countries. Additionally, global organizations can simplify operations with NetSuite’s multi-language, multi-currency, and multi-subsidiary management and international tax and regulatory compliance capabilities. Moreover, by working with a NetSuite partner, businesses can often realize significant cost savings compared to a traditional consulting firm. These cost savings can make the platform more accessible and affordable for companies of all sizes.
NetSuite vs. Intacct Pricing:
Oracle NetSuite Pricing
Oracle NetSuite pricing includes a cloud-based subscription model with flexible options based on the features and capabilities needed by each business. The platform provides a range of pricing packages, including:
- Standard Edition: This is the basic package designed for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Advanced Edition: This package is designed for larger businesses with more complex needs and includes additional features and capabilities.
- SuiteSuccess Edition: This package offers a customized approach to the NetSuite platform, with prices based on each business’s specific needs and requirements.
Intacct also offers a cloud-based subscription model with flexible pricing options based on the features and capabilities needed by each business. The platform offers several pricing packages, including:
- Basic Edition: This entry-level package is designed for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Premium Edition: This package is designed for larger businesses with more complex needs and includes additional features and capabilities.
- Custom Edition: This package offers a customized approach to the Intacct platform, with prices based on each business’s specific needs and requirements.
For details on pricing please reach out to us, click here.
|Sage Intacct||Oracle NetSuite|
|Pricing Information:||• Base application starts at $425 per month.|
• User Licenses are $210 per month.
|• Base application starts at $999 per month.|
|Contract Term:||• Intacct requires a year-long contract, renewed annually.||• Additional fees apply for professional services such as implementation, integration, customizations, data migration, and support.|
|Upfront Cost:||• Additional fees apply for professional services such as implementation, integration, customizations, data migration, and support.||• Additional fees apply for professional services such as implementation, integration, customizations, data migration, and support.|
|Recurring Cost:||• Annual recurring fees for the software subscription and possible integration fees (e.g., Salesforce CRM)||• Annual recurring fees for the software subscription.|
|How to License:||• Direct or through Partner||• Direct or through Partner|
Why is NetSuite Better than Intacct?
NetSuite is a comprehensive cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform that offers many features and functionality, making it a top choice for many businesses. While both NetSuite and Intacct offer robust accounting capabilities, there are several reasons why NetSuite may be the better choice for your business.
When business owners do a NetSuite vs. Intacct analysis, they often find some overlap between the two solutions. However, this overlap can be summed up by the fact that Intacct is limited to providing accounting and financial functionality. At the same time, NetSuite is much more than a simple Oracle software accounting platform. It is a solution built to be a complete business system with multiple modules such as manufacturing, commerce, and HCM.
Read more about Human Capital Management (HCM): https://www.netsuite.com/portal/resource/articles/human-resources/human-capital-management-hcm.shtml
Intacct cannot step into NetSuite’s footprints. At best, it can fill these gaps with additional add-ons and customizations, but the product cannot offer the same functionality as its competitor. Case in point – Intacct’s batch processing architecture is known to slow down reporting and, thus, is not a good option for organizations that need real-time insights. Additionally, unlike NetSuite, which offers multi-currency and language support, Sage Intacct is limited to English-only support and faces significant challenges concerning currency conversions. For international businesses, the NetSuite vs. Intacct debate ends with NetSuite winning.
- More Comprehensive Solution
NetSuite is designed to be a one-stop shop for all your business needs, including accounting, procurement, order management, and more. This comprehensive approach to business management can save time and reduce the need for multiple software solutions.
NetSuite is a highly customizable platform, allowing businesses to tailor the software to meet their unique needs. This customization level can help companies streamline their processes and improve their workflow.
- Strong Integration with Other Tools
NetSuite integrates with many popular tools and applications, including CRM software, payment processors, and more. This integration allows businesses to access all their data in one place and streamline their workflow.
NetSuite is designed for businesses of all sizes and can quickly scale to meet the changing needs of a growing business. This scalability makes NetSuite an excellent choice for companies looking to expand in the future.
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics
NetSuite provides advanced reporting and analytics capabilities, allowing businesses to make informed decisions based on real-time data. The platform’s comprehensive reporting features can help companies identify improvement areas and make data-driven decisions.
- Expert Support
NetSuite offers expert support and a strong community of users, making it easy for businesses to get the help they need when they need it. This support can be precious for software that is just starting with the software.
- NetSuite Partner Ecosystem: The NetSuite Partner System is a key aspect of the platform that sets it apart from its competitors, including Intacct. NetSuite partners are experts in the platform and can provide businesses with the support they need to get the most out of the software. From implementation and customization to ongoing support, NetSuite partners can help companies to maximize their investment in the platform.
Further reading: https://www.netsuite.alphabold.com/netsuite-for-manufacturers/
NetSuite vs. Intacct is a critical topic in today’s business landscape. However, the debate ends with NetSuite claiming the win. NetSuite is a comprehensive all-in-one business management solution offering modules for financials, CRM, e-commerce, and HR. It provides a high degree of customization, a user-friendly interface, and integration with various third-party tools. Even though Intacct offers a lower upfront cost, NetSuite is the financial software for companies as it supports international growth, scalability, and many other features that small accounting solutions like Intacct cannot.
AlphaBOLD is a leading ERP implementation expert and a top-tier NetSuite partner with years of experience in implementing ERP solutions for businesses across the globe.
Contact our NetSuite team today for:
- A limited-time free consultation.
- A personalized 14-day trial of NetSuite.
- Detailed pricing and implementation guidelines